It is a very common question among our clients. When you have a look at a piece of jewelry, no doubt that you would like to know the price, to know how much it is. Here you have to realize that sometimes no one can tell you the exact price. Not because they don’t want it, but the fact is that the price depends on the characteristics of the diamond. So the price can vary. That is why it is a good chance to say your price range for jewelry at first, so the customer service can choose for you the good choice, according to your budget.
In this article, we will share with you some tips. We hope that these pieces of advice will help both customer support and you to purchase diamond jewelry.
After you have decided on the budget, which you are ready to allocate for diamonds, we recommend answering an important question: what is the priority when buying a diamond - its weight or investment attractiveness? The most expensive are those stones that have extremely rare colorless stones. Also, the carat weight of the diamond also affects the price of the diamond piece of jewelry. Also, it is worth taking care of such characteristics as 4C: color, cut, clarity and carat weight.
Below we will observe the first possibility: choosing a beautiful diamond that will delight you and deliver aesthetic pleasure to you.
- When the beauty of a stone is really important for you, better do not stop on carat weight then. Trust us. this is definitely not what you want. Such a stone will not meet your beauty standards.
- Better to choose the right precious stone is to choose the shape of the diamond. The shape of the stone is the “king” here. It determines the appearance of the jewelry. If there is no particular preference, then we advise you to choose a round shape, because it is designed in such a way that it has the ultimate refraction - the brilliance available only to diamonds.
- Then, the most important characteristic is - Cut. This is not about the shape (circle, marquis, oval, etc.), but about a characteristic that evaluates the proportions of the stone, symmetry, polish, and some others. The brilliance of a diamond depends on it and this is exactly what is valued at this moment. We want to inform you that sometimes only professionals can determine the difference. From a human eye, it will not be noticeable.
- Next, pay attention to the Color. The yellow tints of colorless diamonds make them less valuable. Start with the Color-Grading Scale of course: D-F. It is more difficult to distinguish color shades in diamonds than a carat weight, so here you can safely expand the acceptable range by several steps lower- from D to H. If yellow or pink gold is used in the jewelry, then the color can be further reduced - to J.
- Last but not least is - Clarity. Stones up to VS2 have no inclusions visible to the naked eye, so this is the bottom rung on this list of acceptable values.
Within the specified ranges of characteristics, you will receive a diamond that will be beautiful without any reservations. But if there are no stones of the desired weight and price, then you can make the characteristics lower in the following order:
- Clarity: SI1 has no inclusions visible to the eye on the crown side.
- SI2 - has inclusions visible through the site upon close examination.
- If you choose stones in the I1 - I3 range then inclusions are already visible to the eye and can affect both the brilliance and the strength of the diamond.
- Try lowering the color. Fair-cut stones and below can appear dull.
- Also, decide on your attitude towards fluorescence. Non-fluorescent diamonds are rarer and usually more expensive than their fluorescent counterparts. It can be clearly seen in rooms with ultraviolet illumination: bars, nightclubs, and so on.
Finally, following this information you can realize from what the price depends on. So now you are ready to make it clear and to choose a precious stone according to your budget and your expectations.